Switch to Avant but Want Top up Also- Refit after Fire

IrishGunner

Ok currently with UB and planned to Switch to Avant when our pref rate was up this year(March) however a fire in the house has put a spanner into the works

House getting refurbished and meter had to be moved from kitchen for Elec purposes so we had to remove the kitchen, long story

So we have budget from the insurance to cover what was damaged but for the extra bits ie Kitchen refit and Wetroom these need to be funded either with any cash over from the insurance, not expecting much and our own funding.

What we want to do is switch to Avant and top up the amount we have to pay for the extras in the house. I rang a few brokers whom deal with Avant they are not sure if this is possible as one said house has to be liveable. House will be ready by Apr as per builders but want to switch sooner so as to get the finance ready

Has anyone any suggestions or if they think the top up on mortgage is possible or anything we can do or is it a case we would need a personal loan to finance the extra bits

Thanks

I'm going through Affinity Brokers and they told me that Avant allows the applicant to self certify a topup for either €15,000 or €20,000. I cannot remember the exact figure.

I'm going through Affinity Brokers and they told me that Avant allows the applicant to self certify a topup for either €15,000 or €20,000. I cannot remember the exact figure.

Yes was told €20 k ourselfs but trying to find the T&C as wonder does house have to be liveable or currently resided in as we are not living there now but plan to be. Its the time lag between switching and paying for the extra bits to the house as we need deposit soon as long lead in time

Okay the house needs to be liveable but at the moment I have no kitchen

So for top up we need to pay for the extras ourselves and keep receipts etc

Then when we apply to switch we show receipts and if approved we can then get this amount

Now wondering if we can get avant personal loan and then Trf this over to mortgage payment, doubt it

Any suggestions

Back