Surveyor for an old house in Cork

SiobhanMF

Hi, I'm a first time buyer planning to buy an old house in Cork. Can anyone recommend a surveyor. The people I've asked who have bought houses have had problems because either the surveyor thinks no old house is fit for purpose (apparently this is good if you want to make an insurance claim) or he/she gives a very cursory ok to everything (which is fine for the mortgage but not if you if you really want to know if there are problems). Is there no happy medium? If anyone knows of anyone good please let me know.

Thanks

Siobhan

try a guy called Richard O Leary in washington street.used him before and thought he was very thorough .
some reports from these guys can be alarming as they do overstate any issues to cover themselves in the report .

try a guy called Richard O Leary in washington street.used him before and thought he was very thorough .
some reports from these guys can be alarming as they do overstate any issues to cover themselves in the report .

second him... he gave me a 28 page report...

Thank you very much for the two recommendations fror Richard O'Leary. I'll get in touch with him.

Siobhan

Back