Suggest a Hong Kong Hotel please!

Armada

Hi,
Looking to book a Hong Kong hotel for a few nights in January.

Any suggestions for a nice hotel 4* ish in a central location will be greatly appreciated.

Thank a mil

We stayed in the Marriott which is a great location, it has an MTR station under the hotel so is perfect for transport. The Conrad is also nearby.

We booked through hotwire and paid around $100 USD per night.

just got back last month and stopped in the Excelslor Hotel cost us around 100 a night.
Was right in the shopping area on Honk Kong Island next to the MTR. (booked through www.KUONI.co.uk travel.

Dont stay in Kowloon if you can help it, and dont go looking at any fake handbags or watches, you will be taken into a room and be forced to buy.

Dont stay in Kowloon if you can help it, and dont go looking at any fake handbags or watches, you will be taken into a room and be forced to buy.

Have to respectfully disagree with this. We stayed in the Langham in Kowloon (hotel is attached to the metro)

[broken link removed]

and loved it. Hong Kong island itself was lovely too but it could have been any major Western city. Kowloon just seemed more authentic if you really want to see what Chinese Hong Kong is like.

As for the fake handbag warning, if you are looking for that sort of thing there are tons for sale in the open air markets in Kowloon and no danger. It is still my wife's favourite city, she loved the hustle and bustle.

Wherever you stay, you will enjoy it - great place.

InterContinental Hong Kong, one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in anywhere, great location too.

[broken link removed]

Thank You all,

I notice Langham and Intercontinental are coming up as 1 and 2 on trip advisor.

Not awful big into the fake handbags so no worries there! ;)

just to agree with Norfbank, stayed in the Langham and thought it was superb, better than the 6* venetian i stayed in in macau (mates rates before anyone thinks i'm super flush) got a great deal on it too.
has an interesting shopping centre attached to it, on top of the metro, great spa as well if you want to unwind after the hustle and bustle and the outside area is so much more chinese than HK island.

Another vote for the Langham Place Monkok (Kowloon) Stayed there a few months back & can honestly say its one of the best 5 star hotels I have stayed at. Absolutely top class & VERY reasonable. The area is unbeatable, proper Hong Kong bustling markets etc. And the MTR 2 mins away.

Not as far as I know. Mongkok is the area of Kowloon it is in. It's the one rated no 1 on tripadvisor.

Actually I think there might be two..

The Langham, 8 Peking Road (ranked no. 16 on tripadvisor)
Tsimshatsui KOWLOON
HONG KONG

and

The Langham Place ( No.1 ta)
555 Shanghai Street
MONGKOK, KOWLOON
HONG KONG

So its the Langham Place one I should be looking for... Thank you all for your replies. Its a great help.

Last edited:
Just to recap. we went over to kowloon to see all the markets and every few meters we were hasseled by the camera shops, people want to sell us fake watches, made to measure suits made and fake handbag sellers.
the police over there were clamping down on the fake designer handbags and in the streets the sellers have books with the photos of the goods in. if you interested they take you away into a flat on your own and you will get the hard sell.

Most of the designer shops are on Hong Kong island, we thought we would pick up some cheap bargins, but there are just as dear as there are in the UK.

InterContinental Hong Kong, one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in anywhere, great location too.

[broken link removed]

There seems to be a big price difference between Intercontinental and Langham Place for the dates we require with IC being much more expensive so looks like we will be going with the Langham or JW. Marrriott.

Thanks Guys!

and another vote for the Langham Place for me - very nice modern hotel .. well located (the breakfast buffet is awesome too !)

I stayed at Royal Garden in Kowloon.
Very nice hotel and in good location.
Worth checking out rates on it.

Just on Hong Kong, (im heading there and to Shanghai in September) what is the story with Visas for China. Are they awkward or can i pop out to the embassy some day and sort it out in an hour?????

Any advice greatly appreciated

We stayed in the Marco Polo which is located within the largest shopping centre in Kowloon. Actually if you walk down the corridor from the breakfast room you come into the shopping centre. But it still has it's own entrance and overlooks the harbour.

Back