Student Loan Eligible for DSA?

Hey, yes credits are correct and that's with an extra 400 euro tax credit doctors are entitled to for expenses.
My deductions are
TAX
P.R.S.I.
USC
LPT
PEN LEVY
SUPERN-1
Unfortunately a few of us have checked and re-checked and it's the things other than the actual tax which are the killers :-(

I should say it is closer to 40% without overtime, with overtime it's 47% but overtime is irregular and really not more than couple hundred extra per month.

In some jurisdictions, such as the US, student loans cannot be written off in a bankruptcy scenario, for obvious reasons.

When the bank provided you with the loans it invested in your future. The bank believed that you would qualify and work hard to repay the money.

Technically speaking, under Irish legislation, student loans could be written off in a DSA/PIA/Bankruptcy. However, I believe that the bank would veto any DSA that you submitted. Whilst the bank's veto is to be curtailed under new legislation, I do not believe that any court would over turn a bank's veto on a student loan. As a PIP, I would not be associated with promoting such a DSA.

DSAs/PIAs are to be used for dealing with unsustainable debt. A student loan that was utilised to improve someone's earning capacity would not generally be considered to be unsustainable. What you need to do is to sit down with the bank and agree a realistic repayment plan, based on your future earning capacity.

Jim Stafford

Fairly ignorant to ask for assistance and then delete the material that might assist others.

Thanks Jim. that makes sense.
Dereko sorry did not mean to be unhelpful. I deleted the post on advice of a pal dealing with our medical loan situation as he reckons I was are fairly identifiable from the info given online. If anyone is wondering what I posted about, it was about Graduate Entry Medical loans which anyone who took one will instantly know the terms of same.

Back