Student (Fee) Grant. What to do??

VioletWex

I'm on third level education course and getting a Back To Education Allowance. When I came to school at the registration day I was told that I have to pay €2,250 euro for this course. So I applied for Student (Fee) Grant because I was told that this could cover the student contribution for the year 2012/2013 which is €2,250.
I'm waiting 4-5 weeks already and still didn't hear anything from SuSi.
Could you tell me how long it usually takes to get an answer/decision from them?? Unfortunately I can't afford to pay that student contribution myself and I have only 2 weeks left to make up my mind whether I will stay on this course or not.

I'm wondering if I would drop this course for a year and go for another level 5 course (I completed PLC course on level 5 last year), would I be still entitled to get Back to Education Allowance??

What other choices do you think I could have in this situtation, other than student's loan??

You're not alone in waiting for SUSI to respond regarding your grant application, I know many students who are waiting. It's a very slow process considering that applications had to be in by 31st August and most were in well before that.

You could try contacting them and explaining your situation.

You won't get Back to Education Allowance if you take another course at level 5 having already completed a course at that level.

Back