Structural Survey - 100yr Old - Will bank demand

battery

Hi, I am currently bidding on a property which is approx 100+ yrs old. I will be getting a mortgage from Bank of Ireland to fund the purchase.

Q. Do banks these days make it mandatory to get a Structural Survey carried out on old properties such as this?

If so any recommendations for Co Limerick/Clare?

Great forum, Thanks

Hi, I am currently bidding on a property which is approx 100+ yrs old. I will be getting a mortgage from Bank of Ireland to fund the purchase.

Q. Do banks these days make it mandatory to get a Structural Survey carried out on old properties such as this?

Regardless of whether its mandatory or not,you would be nuts not to get a survey done on a 100 year old house.
Property health check are an excellent company,dont have the number to hand just google them though.

Fair point Knuttell, Yes I intend getting a Structural survey done and can use it to bargain if necessary afterwards.
I just don't want the Bank demanding one and delaying/ compromising the mortgage amount over unnecessary stuff which I am prepared to overlook as the house looks like it can be got for a good price.

Back