Structural Enginner

Bill

I have just bought a house. The engineers report indicated that everything was in order, but since getting the keys i have discovered woodworm & dry rot, amoung other problems.

have i any case with the engineer, for him to replace my floor boarsd & pay for rentokill ?

Were the affected areas visible, not covered up or otherwise innaccessible? In other words would it be reasonable to expect him to uncover and identify such a fault?

Bill said:
I have just bought a house. The engineers report indicated that everything was in order, but since getting the keys i have discovered woodworm & dry rot, amoung other problems.

have i any case with the engineer, for him to replace my floor boarsd & pay for rentokill ?

what type of survey did you get done ?

some only check if the bulding if falling over... others check stuff like rot....

well i presumed it was a full survey! the house is riddled in woodworm, even in the attic. in the report he said as the attic hole was small he only did a head and shoulders view - but it's large enough for my big bellied builder to access withouit a problem. He mentioned there were wooden floors under the carpet (maybe he guessed, rather than checked). He missed major external craking, and suggested i upgrade to a plastic water tank (but it is plastic!).

Back