Streisand Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.
A colleague of mine described how between parking and returning to their car all the ropes & flags etc in the car park were removed causing much confusion. If you'd tried to remember where your car was based on counting the rows it was of no use on your return . . . staffing levels both ushers and security appear to have been a big issue along with the entirely foreseeable weather (especially when same promoters have just done Oxegen).

I heard lots of people on the radio moaning about the traffic/journey times as if this was something that the concert organisers/promoters could control. Gridlock in Ireland on way to large event shock... :rolleyes:

Why the rollyeyes? Your opinion might have been different had you actually witnessed the extent of the gridlock, which truly had to be seen to be believed. I've travelled to numerous concerts over the years where traffic has never been an issue. It was the choice of venue that caused mayhem on the roads last Saturday. This was the promoter's fault and something that they should have considered when choosing the venue.

As I see it the only substantive issues are the accusations that tickets were sold for seats that did not exist and that staff told punters to set in seats that were not allocated to them.

I would say that this is quite a big issue considering the cost of the tickets not to mention people travelling to this event only to see 10 minutes of the act as when original seat holders turned up they had to leave the concert altogether as there was not even a place to stand.

Hi Folks

As this is a Shooting the Breeze issue, we don't want to spend any more of our moderators' time deleting defamatory comments, so I am closing the thread.

The point has been well made.

Brendan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back