Storage heater issues (strange one)

C

Coyner

Hi, I'm having a strange problem with my storage heater. There are two switches on the wall for it. One, which is for instant fan heat blown from the bottom, works fine. The other, which is to charge up the heater, isn't working. However, the strange part is this. It has worked one night a year for the past two years. (not sure if it was the same night) but then that's it, it goes back to not working! Has anyone any clue as to what's up with this? Thank you.

Can't comment on your theory that it worked for one day a year but in general problems that I've experienced with my own storage heaters usually relate to the fuse in the switch. Have had to have them replaced a few times.

The switch on the wall will only light up at night (usually) when the heater is storing.

Just in case it's not some sort of fuse or electrical fault there is an instruction leaflet on how to set & operate your storage heating pdf available on the neighbours.ie forum. If you click the link in you will be able to view or save it.

Coyner,
There's a great many posts and info on storage heating on this site. Do a search and have a good read through.
You sometimes need to consider the WHOLE of the storage heating installation, not just an individual heater, there will be an Esb timeclock and fuse unit. There may also be a customer timeclock, temperature detection etc.
A good experianced electrician is your best ally.

Back