Stoneybatter, Near Phoenix Park

DanteMontoba

Hi

I would be interested in getting peoples views on the areas around the Park on the stoneybatter side, such as Infirmary Rd, North Circular Rd, Montpelier Gardens/Mews.
What are they like safety/security wise?
I have not looked at the area or property for sale their as I am not too familiar with the area.

Cheers

A search should throw up several threads relating to the general area, and Stoneybatter specifically. Some may be quite old, but still relevant IMO.

IMO both Infirmary Road and NCR would be poor enough quality houses and area. Lots of large houses broken up into flats with alot of foreign nationals in them.

hi there
I live in stoneybatter and its a great area and very handy for town with good bus links.
All the little streets between Oxmantown road and Aughrim street are lovely and more central.
Infirmary road its self is nice but the NCR near the park is quiet transient.
good luck

What has the part in bold got to do with anything?

OP asked what the area was like I was describing its ethnic diversity.

Dont even bother trying to get on some moral high horse and insinuate that it was somehow racist.

IMO both Infirmary Road and NCR would be poor enough quality houses and area. Lots of large houses broken up into flats with alot of foreign nationals in them.

OP asked what the area was like I was describing its ethnic diversity.

Dont even bother trying to get on some moral high horse and insinuate that it was somehow racist.

So the fact that the first three points you made were, objectively negative, on the quality of the houses, the area and houses broken up into flats can in now way lead into a totally objectively positive view of the ethnic diversity of the area?

Seems a strange way of writing an opinion.

Not really. In my past experience, foreign nationals are more likely to rent poor quality housing due to realising their rights re: tenant law etc. These houses tend to be large houses broken up into flats, see SCR for example this also. Foreign nationals also tend to complain less, be it for fear of eviction or lack of legal knowledge. Hence a high population of foreign nationals renting can indicate a poor quality of housing in the area.

Originally Posted by username123 http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=1316913#post1316913

What has the part in bold got to do with anything?

Awww...For God's sake...........

At least Username123 gave information pertinent to the OP's question and did not post, as you have, something that has nothing whatsoever to do with the question and indeed could be perceived as tantamount to trolling/flaming.

Why not accept that maybe there are flats with "Alot of foreign nationals in them" ?

Now, I'm guilty of the same "offence" ie. posting something that has nothing to do with the OP. Tut tut, Sparkrite. But I'm getting sick of it, you can't say "BOO" here, but someone will jump down your throat and put words into your mouth.

Hee hee, just re-read that, not bad. :)

Hi

Thanks for the feedback it is appreciated.
Apologies for my desecration of the English language in my original post, only just read it back and grammar and spelling are a bit wayward.

Proximity to the Phoenix Park is something that attracts me, however security and safety are also important, not necessarily for myself but for visiting family members of a certain age that are fond of their daily constitutional.

I'd pick closer to the main drag in Stoneybatter myself rather than closer to the park if I had the choice. Further away from O'Devaney Gardens.

Yes, go right down to Manor Street area of Stoneybatter. Great little roads off here. Good mix of residents both old and young and good community area.

Back