Stocking Lane, Rathfarnham

Hello I know this is an old thread but I a query in regards to Stocking Wood area. Is this area a flood risk area?! Notice from a recent SDCC document that it appears to be. Is there anyone here that has witnessed flooding there or even heard about it?

Reason I ask is that I'm thinking of purchasing a property there and I'm looking for advice about the area etc

All responses are much appreciated.

No flooding that I know of not even sure what the closest river is. It is high up the mountains

You should review the local and very very recent Ballycullen/Oldcourt Local Area Plan which focuses on this. The flooding can't really affected Stocking Wood - surely you mean Stocking Avenue? - as it is on a hill !?

Re Stocking Avenue, the road itself has been flooded at the bottom but nothing undriveable through (and un-noticed by some residents!).

The water actually flows down the hill underground, across under Woodstown and hits estates about 1-2km over ... believe-it-or-not! (They do get flooded and have made lengthy submissions under the LAP)

Back