Stockholm

Dunsween

Heading to Stockholm on June 3rd for two nights.Any advice on flights, airport , experiences etc are welcome.
Any suggestions on what to do and see over the 2 days is welcome also, Thanks.

best for flights will be SAS direct from dublin,,
unless your in cork ,,
my opinion would be to stay in Uppsala,, lovely college town,, from the airport the bus ride is 25 mins,,,costs about 10 euro,, nice town to walk around and relax in,, there is an option then of getting the bus or the train to stockholm city from uppsala, if you just want to go in there for the day.. both are not so expensive

express train from airport to city is 20 mins, and is expensive

gamla stan (old town) is a nice part of the city..

also near the central station is a hotel,,, might be the scandic,, it hasthe vodka absolout ice bar,, really cool,, excuse the pun

used to only be open after 3pm, and booking is required i think.....

enjoy,, great here now,, sunny every day.....

Was there in December for 3 days, nice city - expensive enough everything is about 10% more expensive then dublin. Everyone speaks english, did not find it great for nightlife none of the locals seemed to go out till 11pm and then there were queues for everywhere. I am sure there will be alot more light then when I was there, Old city is very nice.

I would recommend Koh Phangan a thai restaurant on Skanegatan 57, Södermalm and then for a cocktail or beer go to WC on the corner of the same street. Try their Mojitos!
If you google both you will get more information on these places. Try Stampen in Gamla stan a blues/jazz club. Saturday(i think) there is a jam session where musicians drop in and play. I lived in Stockholm for a while and loved it.........you will have a great time.

Back