Stepaside Dublin

it used to be a nice quiet village, however a number of large housing estates have been built over the past few years. I have no idea what effect this has had on the area. I have only ever visited, and not recently, but it was certainly a pretty reasonable area to live in.

Its a bit off the beaten track as far as decent public transport goes, so you would need a reliable car.

5 years ago Stepaside was 'the sticks', now it's pretty much part of dublin city (although I think is offically Co. Dublin). I lived there for a year. It was nice, property very expensive in parts. Cycling distance from luas for commuting purposes (although up hill on the way home in the dark is no fun!).

My feeling is that for the population explosion up there, the retail side has not kept pace. But there is construction going on currently (where one of the pubs used to be) and presumably this will bring more shops to the village.

I live a short walk from the village. Enniskerry Road which runs through Stepaside essentially divides the 'burbs from the countryside though there is a large site for sale at the Sandyford end. The Step Inn is a grand pub with a cheap and cheerful restaurant. There is a mixed development under construction at the cross roads as camel says. An extravision would be useful!

I work in Bray so commuting isn't a problem, the LUAS extension will be fairly close though undoubtedly they won't provide enough parking when it opens in 2010(?).

There is also going to be a "village" in Belarmine to include a restaurant. one of the convenience stores are the anchor tenant.

I live on the Enniskerry Road and i have to say Stepaside is a delightful place if you want to be a little outside the hustle and bustle but near enough to commute.

There are a lot of people who have moved into the surrounding developments such as Aikens Village, Belarmine, Parkview and I think there is a good vibe about the place.

Once you have a car everything you need is five minutes away, such as the new Dunnes in the Beacon or the new Dunnes on the Kilgobbin road. dundrum town centre is five minutes away and there is plenty of natural attractions like Powerscourt maybe 15 minutes up the road.

I really enjoy living in Sandyford and i dont mind the odd scoop in the Step Inn either, although keep away from the pizza joint next door.

Have lived in the Gallops in leopardstown for years and just recently moved to stepaside, is great spot, but you will need a car, Luas is just that little bit far away compared to the gallops but still cycling distance, the 44 bus is actually quite good goes every half hour, through Stepaside, Dundrum, Ranelagh and then into town,
also there is a 44 night link for coming home from town late, or else you can always get a taxi from the Luas up, I've never had to wait for more than 5 mins on Brewery Road for one.
Stepaside is very handy for the M50 and if you like golf there are lots of par 3 courses and a public course and driving range all in and around the village.

Have lived in the Gallops in leopardstown for years and just recently moved to stepaside, is great spot, but you will need a car, Luas is just that little bit far away compared to the gallops but still cycling distance, the 44 bus is actually quite good goes every half hour, through Stepaside, Dundrum, Ranelagh and then into town,
also there is a 44 night link for coming home from town late, or else you can always get a taxi from the Luas up, I've never had to wait for more than 5 mins on Brewery Road for one.
Stepaside is very handy for the M50 and if you like golf there are lots of par 3 courses and a public course and driving range all in and around the village.

Have to disagree about the 44 bus it is one of the worst services in the city thru no fault of the drivers. The traffic is just horrendous at rush hour it would take around 2 hours to get from townsend st. Plus the bus very rarely (even by timetable) goes every half hour. In fact the service is virtually non-existent since the luas came which makes no sense as they far from follow the same route plus the bus goes miles further than the luas around 5 miles further to Enniskerry.

Stepaside was always a nice place tho no longer the sticks but is in danger of becoming one big housing estate with all the building.

As regards housing it is one of the most expensive 'new' places in Dublin to live prices are absolutely extortionate for what you get!

Have to disagree about the 44 bus it is one of the worst services in the city thru no fault of the drivers. The traffic is just horrendous at rush hour it would take around 2 hours to get from townsend st. Plus the bus very rarely (even by timetable) goes every half hour. In fact the service is virtually non-existent since the luas came which makes no sense as they far from follow the same route plus the bus goes miles further than the luas around 5 miles further to Enniskerry.

Stepaside was always a nice place tho no longer the sticks but is in danger of becoming one big housing estate with all the building.

As regards housing it is one of the most expensive 'new' places in Dublin to live prices are absolutely extortionate for what you get!

I currently live in Stepaside and love it here. Its close enough to the city and all that offers and its far enough out to get away from the hustle and bustle. Plus Dundrum town centre is just a short trip away, throw in the Cabinteely Commercial Business Park and M50 less than 5 minutes away. Loads of stuff to do for the active person/family.

Yes, a lot of housing developments have gone up in the last few years but they have been developed with care.

best thing to do is have a drive around the area to see what Stepaside has to offer you.

Back