Steam cleaner

onway

Am looking for a steam cleaner suitable for cleaning slate tiles on kitchen floor- can anyone recommend a good one...???

Polti will clean the rest of the house as well and mine cost about 600.00 about 5 years ago but worth it

I'm also interested in an answer to this (quite old) question if anybody has any advice please. I just want a steam cleaner for a small house (general/usual use). What is the main advantage of a steam cleaner over an ordinary vacuum cleaner? Is there a cleaner that does both? Or do people normally have one of each? Thank you.

Just after buying a steam cleaner yesterday from Lidl (warehouse clearence) for 40 euro. Its a silvercrest one and doing the job so far :)

So far I have used it on the tiles in the kitchen and in the bathroom. Worked really well and you could see the difference straight away!

The one in Aldi this week is a smaller hand held version to the larger one mentioned by Orlando. I have purchased the smaller one. It is really good for small jobs. (Around the cooker for grease, The sink, Edge of bath Etc. ) As for bigger jobs regarding carpets I do not think it is suitable for such big areas. This is just my opinion from my personal experience. Great product for small jobs.

The one in Aldi this week is a smaller hand held version to the larger one mentioned by Orlando. I have purchased the smaller one. It is really good for small jobs. (Around the cooker for grease, The sink, Edge of bath Etc. ) As for bigger jobs regarding carpets I do not think it is suitable for such big areas. This is just my opinion from my personal experience. Great product for small jobs.

I agree with Blake that the Aldi one is probably only good for very small jobs, nevertheless it sounds like a good buy and I will be looking to buy one as soon as they're available (Thursday I think).

think it is Thursday they are out as well.. and for the price you can't go wrong. The one I purchased in LIDL is a larger one alright but think the small one would be a good buy too :)

as is often the case, it all depends
a small steam cleaner will work fine for small jobs
we have a polti 910 lecoaspira vaporetto
which is a different kettle of fish
as it acts either / or as a steam cleaner - vacuum cleaner
we bought one originally several years ago, it as expensive ! about £600
but
we also bought another, for the European holiday home, for about $80
and it works every bit as well
and came with lots of attachments/brushes
parts and attachments are expensive
we use ours regularly
and it cleans everything around the house
we use the Polti additives, descaler, etc
so it depends
if you are going to use it regularly
then it is great
but unless you get a good second hand model like we did it is expensive
however
a small steam cleaner is not a reasonable comparison
but if you have a decent vacuum cleaner, a karcher type pressure washer (we have one and its a larger model which works wonderfully)
then a small cheap one then its likely its all you need
and
at that price
if it fails (being clear its not for extended heavy duty use)
just bin it and get another one
IF
its in your budget
and
IF you plan to use it regularly
then you cannot beat the polti
it will do everything you will ever need - carpets, floors, windows, tiles etc
better then you do now probably
its not about the kit
its more about you !

Back