Status of Shares quoted on LSE in completing IR Affidavit CA24

Hughie

I am trying to fill in the IR Affidavit CA 24 form. The deceased had some shares in companies that are quoted on the LSE - the Share Certificates were held personally by the deceased and are valid. Can these be listed in Part 4, section 8, or must they be listed under Part 5, 'property outside the State'?

I am trying to fill in the IR Affidavit CA 24 form. The deceased had some shares in companies that are quoted on the LSE - the Share Certificates were held personally by the deceased and are valid. Can these be listed in Part 4, section 8, or must they be listed under Part 5, 'property outside the State'?

If they are not Irish shares then they should be inserted in Part 5 of the CA24. Part 4 is only for Irish assets.

I cannot seem to be able to fill in date of birth or death on the CA 24 using the computer. Do I have to fill up this form on computer?

I cannot seem to be able to fill in date of birth or death on the CA 24 using the computer. Do I have to fill up this form on computer?

There are 2 versions of the CA24 form. One is a hard copy booklet which can be obtained from the Probate office or from Revenue and 2 originals of that version must be completed in blue pen and then sworn . The other version is on the revenue website and must be completed on the computer and then 2 copies printed and sworn before a solicitor / commissioner for Oaths. You are not supposed to write on that version except in Part 3. If any difficulties arise completing the form you should contact Revenue on their helpline. Also there is a guide (CA25) to completing the forms on the revenue website.

Back