State pension

tommi

From 1974 to 1991, I paid a total of 457 'reckonable paid contributions for pension'. During this time period, I also have 136 'credited contributions for pension'. This gives me a total of 595. After 1991, I joined the public service, paying a D1 stamp, which entitles me to a public service pension. My question is - am I entitled to a State pension for the 595 stamps I paid between 1974 and 1991 when I reach retirement age? I hope to retire in 2016. Thank you.

Based on your record as detailed, you should be entitled to a "Mixed Rate (Pro Rata) Pension".
If you have a mix of Class A and Class D contributions, then your entitlements to a State Pension should be calculated as a proportion that your A stamps bears to your total stamps. So if you have c11.5 years of A stamps and (say) a total history of 40 years, then your entitlement should be 11.5/40 x €230.30 = €66.20 pw.
You should contact the social welfare Central Records Office in Buncrana and they should be able to work out your exact entitlement.

Many thanks for your reply. Very helpful. In relation to making inquiries, I was told that the Central Records Office in Buncrana will only work out an entitlement as a person approaches age 66. Thanks again.

Back