Starting a new BNI chapter in Longford/Roscommon

pd2006

A number of businesses are getting together to start a new BNI Chapter to meet in Longford/Roscommon.

BNI is a business networking organisation that provides a structured system to get businesses together to build relationships so that we can help one another via referral business.

We meet for a breakfast meeting once a week.

It's early days yet and we are looking for more members to make the chapter viable.

If anyone is interested in coming to one of the next meetings to get more information about BNI and how it can help you and your business, send me a PM and I will get you all the details.

Re: BNI in Longford/Roscommon

We were members of BNI for a few months and found it a total waste of time. It costs a lot to be a member and the benefits don't make it worthwhile

I was a member for 7 years , from founding chapter to changing direction and no longer needing BNI.

I was also involved in setting up 5 other BNI chapters as an AD.

Wasn’t treated very well as an AD but enjoyed the BNI experience .

Its not for everyone, strong leadership helps
Apply the rules
Get rid of half hearted members early

Don’t fall in to the trap of gosh no referral today I buy another xxx from another member!

If starting a chapter, try and get a mix of trades and professionals

BNI has always thrived more in a recession than in good times.
Also be strict about visitors, story of a visitor who's job involved travelling around country, always tried to stay in a hotel with a BNI group and would drop in, managed 4 BNI's a week and obviously picked up a bit of business.

It is gone quiet expensive to join, but is an allowable deduction

Over all, did I make money out of BNI, doubt it, but I was able to provide a better service to my clients using my BNI colleagues.

The BNI is a franchisee so has to work for the Directors as well, and the Master Franchisee holders in UK , if still the same husband and wife, are ruthless and never understood that the Irish where more natural and relaxed networkers then UK.

And contrary to BNI lore, a good breakfast does influence members, while its not the breakfast they come fore its the business, a good feed helps!
( Could write a book on bad coffee made by the night porters in Hotels for BNI!!!!)

Word of mouth Rocks!

Been a member for the past 3 months and have recouped cost already. You need to make about E1500 to cover costs. It's industry specific as to how many referrals you will need to generate E1500.
The early start is a pain and as the previous poster said, inter group referrals are a danger -then again our IT guy got a 21k contract from a member to implement a new IT system.
It's not for everyone but works for most if they use it as it should be used. The numbers don't lie.

I've been a member of BNI for two years but have recently switched to RGI which i find much better and highly focused on actual cash outcomes, which lets face it is the reason we go. The one i visited is on in the Clarion hotel in liffey Valley every teusday at 7am. There are other ones around but am not sure of where. I'm definitly joining this one.

Google doesnt seem to have the answer.

Its hardly Registered Gas Installers?

There is a telecommunications businesss process trouble shooting firm called RGI.

Threre is a diamond company called Rare Gems Investors.

[broken link removed]

Its only on the go for a month or so. It was set up by a few former BNI chapter directors seemingly. They are in the process of building a website at the moment.

They really seem to have completely overhauled the meeting agenda though. They run a 10 minute 'Mastermind' session towards the end of the meeting. The guy that they focused on at my meeting this week walked away with 18 introductions! Everybody in the place was amazed.

I'll ask next tuesday where other meetings are taking place so I can update you. I'm sure anybody would be more than welcome to visit the Clarion Liffey Valley meeting next Tuesday at 7am as they are actively looking for guests.

Back