Stag or Wedding?

NickyK

Bit of a predicament. Have my sister's fellas stag and an ex workmates wedding on the same day.
Which would you choose?

Could you go to the wedding for a couple of hours and then on to the stag? Or are they in completely different parts of the country?

Which do you want to go to?
Have you remained in contact with the ex work colleague and do you intend to keep the friendship up? Are there people/other colleagues going to this wedding that you will have good craic?
Are you close with the sister fella? Do you know others going? Will it be messy or fun?
Where are they? Location could be the key!

I think I'd prefer the wedding as other friends will be there. I wouldn't be able to attend both. I feel obliged to go to the stag though. It's not a case of which will be the best craic more like I don't want to let anyone down.

I also have 2 other weddings the same month so money is a slight issue.

I think if you feel you would prefer to be at the wedding then go. It is a higher priority I feel. You will spend as much if not more at a stag. I was at a hen at the weekend and although trying to be careful with my money things worked out very expensive.
You will be celebrating the wedding of your sister and future brother in law in due course that should be enough.

I think I'd prefer the wedding as other friends will be there. I wouldn't be able to attend both. I feel obliged to go to the stag though. It's not a case of which will be the best craic more like I don't want to let anyone down.

I also have 2 other weddings the same month so money is a slight issue.

I think he will be happier without you so that he can fully let his hair down. Choose the wedding, the stag should really only be for close friends anyway.

I think I'd prefer the wedding as other friends will be there.
There's your answer. You should suit yourself. I usually don't go to anything I can get out of, in this situation I'd say I can't go to the stag as I have a wedding, and I'd also say the opposite . . and I'd actually go to the cinema; but then maybe I'm a tad antisocial.

... I usually don't go to anything I can get out of, in this situation I'd say I can't go to the stag as I have a wedding, and I'd also say the opposite . . and I'd actually go to the cinema...

Great idea Michael!

In fact I think everyone should have a shortlist of, say, 12 social activities which should cover most eventualities. Then, simply draw up a pie chart, and whichever invitation arises, the excuse that is diametrically opposite should apply.

In emergencies, the bullseye in the chart should be used.

...which of course reads "I can't, I'm washing my hair"

In emergencies, the bullseye in the chart should be used.

...which of course reads "I can't, I'm washing my hair"
:D lol . . that one wouldn't be plausible for me . . I usually fall back on "I would, but I don't want to".

Get your priorities right - the wedding is a more important event.

I think he will be happier without you so that he can fully let his hair down. Choose the wedding, the stag should really only be for close friends anyway.

Why would he be happier without his future bro-in-law? ;)

So is it all true what they say about stags? Do the lads do their best (including the groom) to score with women? Come on be honest, would like to know... :cool:

Back