St. Patrick's Day

almo

Maybe I'm too advanced in this (though it's not planned by choice), but what are posters up to on St. Patrick's Day? Is it Rome? Croker or a dingy pub in Temple Bar?

Oh yeah, forgot about that! Thank god for Croatian stinginess, and being a male dominated society, ladies here are just thrilled when the love of their life burns down the kitchen making a cup of tea.

Maybe I'm too advanced in this (though it's not planned by choice), but what are posters up to on St. Patrick's Day? Is it Rome? Croker or a dingy pub in Temple Bar?

wouldn't have thought there were many dingy pubs left in Templebar! - I made the mistake last year of going in Templebar that night - Not even standing room in most of the pubs and then the sight of teenagers throwing up from about 10pm onwards - no thanks - I'd rather stay local this year although it's my mams birthday so will have to book nice meal and the rest.

Best St Patrick's day I ever had was spent in an Irish boozer in London a few years ago, the Irish living in England really know how to celebrate the day - everyone in great form, Irish dancers in the pub - oversized guinness hats galore, landlord buying everybody chicken and chips in the wee small hours - great laugh!. :D

I've pretty much avoided Temple Bar for years, especially as I feel more foreign there than here, but almost 10 years ago I remember in one of the squares there was Irish dancing and everyone joined in, just like a ceili from old summer camp days!

Back