Squeaking from toilet - rat/mouse?

Toby

Last night I heard a squeaking noise and I'd swear it was coming from the (upstairs) toilet or maybe the outlet pipe from the toilet. I flushed the loo and the squeaking stopped but I've been keeping the lid closed and eying the loo very warily ever since. Could this be a mouse or a rat in the pipes or is it impossible for them to get in there so it had to have just been outside the window? Thanks!

A more likely explanation is the gale force wind which blew last night. It could have created a strange draught in the pipes.

Ah come on guys, this is serious:eek: Could a mouse/rat get into the toilet pipes?

Even if it could then I can't see it surviving in "water" for too long or managing to navigate the pipes (especially the toilet U bend) easily if at all!

I once had a very unfortunate experience involving the toilet, my 'nads and a frog!! Any frogs in your area??

I once had a very unfortunate experience involving the toilet, my 'nads and a frog!! Any frogs in your area??

Surely not in an upstairs loo though? I couldn't see a rodent or a frog climbing up a vertical 4" pipe ....unless they had climbing gear .:D

RE Rats and smells entering domestic drainage

Joking aside You should ensure that the broads trap rodding eye bung is in place in the last man-hole before drainage joins sewer. This may be in a neighbours driveway. Often removed to allow by-pass if the trap gets blocked. There is usually one for every six or eight houses.

Larger detached property may have their own broads trap and sewer connection.

Surely not in an upstairs loo though? I couldn't see a rodent or a frog climbing up a vertical 4" pipe ....unless they had climbing gear .:D

could easily do it - - Ive seen a rat climb up a downspout - - would have put spiderman to shame!

I know people who set traps etc. they were so convinced they heard a mouse in the internal walls of the house each night.... it turned out to be something on the drain pipe outside blowing in the wind! Check the pipes on the outside of the house, especially coming from the bathroom.

Ah come on guys, this is serious:eek: Could a mouse/rat get into the toilet pipes?

Yes, a rat can.
I know someone that this happened to. A rat was in their toilet bowl. (The lid was down)

I don't know about mice.

[broken link removed]

Thanks, I thought it was possible cos I know they can climb up the walls of houses and they're not put off by water.

How exactly do I check the "broads trap rodding eye bung is in place in the last man-hole before drainage joins sewer"? How do I know which is the last man-hole and what exactly am I looking for when I open it? Does this require a plumber?

Toby, it could be a squeaky drain pipe in the wind... gently move the pipes outside and listen...

Toby, it could be a squeaky drain pipe in the wind... gently move the pipes outside and listen...

I'll try but it seems unlikely to be to be something like this since I haven't heard it before and it stopped right away when I flushed the loo. It sounded very animate.

Back