spurious part on crewcab bought new in 2010

buster mammy

I brought my crewcab for DOE test the other day and it failed because the guy that ran the test said that one of the back shock absorbers were not a match causing a significant imbalance and that it was like a spurious part. This crewcab was bought brand new.

The radio keeps losing channels even though it was brought back and change but the problem persists and now the heating system and cold air are not working, also within the first few months the wheels had to be rotated because they were being totally eroded on one side I suppose because of the first mentioned imbalance.

Could anybody in the know about such things point me in the right direction and what redress have I got with the seller/manufacturer.

Check the paperwork of the purchase. Check is dealer simi member. Keep written record of everything ( nct info, dates returned, problems rectified etc)check details of warranty especially when it ends ( date or mileage)
Ask dealer to rectify everythingin writing.
Ultimately if not resolved simi contract apply for appointment of arbitrator and this should resolve finally

Dont forget to make contact with the maker of the crewcab eg. ford etc. Previously had a problem with a new car, dealer told me that was the end of the matter, so I contacted manufacturer by email who immediately had a solution and installed my issue free of charge.

thanks for the reply much appreciated, i have contacted the dealer that has sold me the vehicle and the main dealer in dublin with the complaints, the dealer that sold the crewcab was supposed to get back to me today but has not but i have not chased him either because i wanted to get a bit of knowledge first from this website thanks once again

hi once again ,had a look for paperwork and cant find any in hindsight cant remember been given any just the keys and i gave him a cheque ,cant find waranty documents either the only paperwork i got was to tax it and on this it stated the colour of the vehicle was blue the seller just passed this off as an error when the colour i bought was grey this was then altered in the tax office and if i did get papers i would have put them away, baffled now, what arbritrator do i go to and does anybody in the business know if such an error in colour is feasable does it happen?? feel like a right eegit now thanks once again

Back