Spending money in orlando.

Hi all,
We are planning a family holiday in june and have gotten a price for the holiday and we also have priced flexi tickets for the theme parks and are wondering how much pocket money to budget for. There are two adults and three children travelling for ten nights and breakfast is included in hotel price. Also we do not intend to hire a car.

Also keep in mind the weak euro (versus dollars) will dilute your spending money.

Orlando has been discussed several times before. Do a search and you may find some useful information.

I'd hire a car. It's America you're going to. Public transport is rubbish.

Budget wise, bring as much money as you can. As well as the fun parks, you'll end up in the outlet stores with all those discounted clothes that you will want to buy.

It's an expensive holiday but great fun.

Steven
www.bluewaterfp.ie

Surely it's nearly impossible to have a holiday in America without a car.

I'd echo the comments on the car.
You may think you don't need it and possibly the hotels have shuttles etc. But they don't go as often as you think the never when you need them.
It makes such a difference to hire a car to give you the flexibility to go to parks etc when you want and leave when you want.

If staying on international drive there are loads of places within walking distance/I trolley for dinner but if you are anywhere off this you need a car to go for dinner or to the shops.
Even picking up a compact car as a run around will be very handy - but bear in mind if picking up from the airport your luggage may not fit.

I was struck last time I was over how little cash is used for transactions in the US now. Even for the $3 coffee in a corner shop, the majority of people are using cards.

Hi all,
We are planning a family holiday in june and have gotten a price for the holiday and we also have priced flexi tickets for the theme parks and are wondering how much pocket money to budget for. There are two adults and three children travelling for ten nights and breakfast is included in hotel price. Also we do not intend to hire a car.

I've been so so fortunate to have visited Orlando approx 10 times . I've stayed on disney property, at Universal and at Kissimmee. In all that time, I did not use a car. Used Lynx, I-ride and mears shuttles.
On-site we budget for $120-150 per day BUT that includes good restaurants and shopping and a few groceries/gifts. You can eat way way cheaper off-site and that would be plenty for your whole family.
Please see the link below.
Its a forum for people who visit Orlando (especially disney). It has great advice re dining, budgeting AND which restaurants to go to. It also advises re transport and has a budget board showing you how to sign up for coupons, discounts and save a bit of money and get the best deals!

www.thedibb.co.uk

Back