Speeding Fine

Tired Paul

Ok, hands up, I was doing 120km in a 100km zone tonight when I noticed too the late the dreaded "van" parked on the road side.

I assume it will only be a matter of time for the letter to arrive but my query is this:

I was driving a car that is registered to my wife. How do I prove I was driving and thereby avoid any points / penalties for her.

We're both insured on each others car and just to point out - I'VE NO ISSUE IN PAYING THE FINE - I WAS AT FAULT.

No problem if your insured on the car. The letter will ask for drivers licence of person driving the car at the time.

Yep when the Fixed Charge Notice arrives fill in the Nomination of Driver Section with her details but do it quickly. You only have 28 days from the date of the Notice to nominate and new Notice will then issue to herself.

How long after probably getting bagged by a Garda van does it generally take for a ticket to arrive at your house?

Yep when the Fixed Charge Notice arrives fill in the Nomination of Driver Section with her details but do it quickly. You only have 28 days from the date of the Notice to nominate and new Notice will then issue to herself.

But she was not driving-she owns the car. Poster needs to fill his details.

apologies fine will indeed first issue to the registered owner (wife) who then gets to follow the Nomination Details for who was actually driving (you)! Registered owner will nominate who was driving at the time.

How long after probably getting bagged by a Garda van does it generally take for a ticket to arrive at your house?

Few years ago I got caught twice within the space of a week. The notices were issued over two months apart!

Back