Specsavers - Is it all as crystal clear as it seems?(sorry bit long)

mo3art

I tried posting this yesterday - but it doesn't seem to have gone through....... Anyhow, here goes -

Specsavers advertise the following special offer in store (but not on their website, I've checked).

"1. Choose your frames, 2. Get your lenses, 3. Choose any extra option = 1 clear price"

So I tried to purchase - 1. New pair of frames (€99), 2. Lenses, 3. Extra Option of anti-glare coating on my lenses as recommended by my optician. Now according to their advertising, this should have cost me €99, however the only extra option available to me apparently was 2 pairs of glasses for the price of 1.

So I could get 1 pair of glasses with anti glare coating for €144 or 2 pair of glasses with anti glare coating for €189 or 2 pair of glasses with no coating for €99. Not as clear as it seems to me. No small print either, although maybe this was just my eyesight ;) LOL

I complained to management and they confirmed that it was confusing to them too & that many customers complained about their posters. So I suppose my question is whether i have any comeback and what is the likelihood of me getting any success with the ASAI?

Thanks

As the [broken link removed] covers 'paid-for advertisments' only, I doubt if an in-store poster would be covered.

But I'm having trouble seeing (pun intended) the problem. When they say '1 clear price', why do you assume that this relates to the price for the frames only (€99 in this case)?

No, you see according to all their advertising in store, the €99 relates to the complete delivered price for the frames, lenses and any extra option all inclusive.

The idea being that you only pay for the price as advertised on the frame, nothing else - does this make sense?

Mo3art
I have the specsaver brochure in front of me , but perhaps it varies from store to store ie it states on cover that an eye test costs €10 at Specsavers Dundalk only. (Superquinn do this too but they are competing with Sainsburys and Marks in Newry) this brochure states ''that €99 is the starting point for many of our offers'' etc and goes on to state that you can choose a second pair from the same range to the same prescription free and if you pay for bifocal or varifocal lenses in you first pair your free second pair comes with our ultra bifocal or varifocal lenses to your same prescription and design. Sounds more like what they are actually offering you. Anyway I thought it was bethoven that was blind.

If he heard some of the stuff he produced he would probably do a mo3art and go mad! Program on him on the telly this week ( i think it was on the beeb)but i didnt see it. read interesting enough.

Back