Specs of the AH apartments/houses

eskei

Hi

Can anyone answer a question for me please? If the things are listed on the special features of the brochure of the house, then everything should match up, dont they? can the builders/DCC turn around and say no, they are not included even they have been listed on the brochure i got, such as wall tiles, fully fitted kitchen and shower doors/screens?

The woman i was talking to in DCC said because they're affordable housing, so the the builder didnt have to fit in everything in accordance with the specs like private house/apt. is it true?

Well if that is the case, although it normally isn't.... depends on the development, make sure that the unit is priced accordingly! and the clawback is correct!!!

Make sure they are not basing the cost of the unit on the current market price because it will be a lot less as it will not have the extras.

By the way don't let them freak you out in DCC, sometimes they don't know themselves what the story is. It's different per development.

It depends on the development. But according to friends, alot of the AH apts do not come with the "extras" in the brochure. For example, in wyckham point some of the apartments on the AH were originally meant for the private market and as such come exactly as the private ones - master ensuite, spot lights, hall tiled, granite worktops and all of the kitchen appliances. The apts that were always meant for the AH scheme however had the kitchen fitted but no appliances, no tiling in the hall, no ensuite, different worktops. According to the developer, the council apparently gave them these specifications. As the non kitted out ones where on the first, 2nd and pent house it suited some people better not to have these extras to get those floors while it suited others to have them and be on the ground floor- depends on what the person was looking for. Also both kitted out and non kitted out ones were the same price - balancing out I suppose the better resale price you get for apt on higher floors compare to ground floors.

I recently rang AHP regarding this as I was told when buying my apartment that I got everything in brochure but when I questioned selling agent she said she wasn't so sure. AHP said that they generally try to get same spec and assured my I got everything others did but haven't got in yet to check and quite nervous about it! DCC said it was the AHP who negotiate terms and not them so to contact AHP.

thanks for the advice guys. well, it nearly came with everything i think, just one or two things didnt come with it acc. to the specs. i was only in there once, so cant remember exactly. As im doing my snag today, so was just wondering if i wud put them on the snag list if things are short.

Does anyone know if anything comes with the houses in Clifden Road in Ballyfermot ie kitchen appliances built in wardrobes etc? have a viewing week after next but i cant find any info on it like the way they have info on all the apartments!

I was told I would get fully fitted kitchen with all appliances included fully tiled bathrooms etc. The brochure also said I would get these things. But I had heard of people viewing there property and not getting what they were told. Also that developments varied and some supplied these things some did'nt.

So I printed out the specs I was told I'd be getting and had it included in my contract, so if it was a case that upon viewing things were missing or different I had it in my contract and was covered.

Back