Spam problem

round1

Any suggestions as to how I can reduce the large amount of spam e-mail I have recently started to get on Outlook Express. The service provider is IOL and I have Norton AntiVirus active. I can divert spam to a spam folder but I would like to block the spam at source.

I think you have done everything you can to halt the amount of Spam in. The only other thing you can really do is change email addresses - something you probably do not want to do.
Spam comes from all sources and so it would be difficult to stop the sources.

Might be a good time to switch to gmail - I can't remember the last time it let through spam for me.

Try G-Lock Spamcombat [broken link removed]

Takes a bit of training but is very good and free. I don't use many free services but this is one I recommend.

Can blacklist by country, ip, subject, domain, sender etc.

Been using it for about 3 years. Spam goes to a deleted items folder prior to hitting your server and allows you to save to disk and move to recoverable items for genuine mails that can come in from time to time from non-white listed addresses.

I've mine set to check every few mins and move suspect mails to the trash (deleted items folder). Any serious dodgy mails are set to permanantly delete off server prior to downloading them onto Win Mail.

Back