Spam Email from recruitment agencies

kramer2006

Hi,

I get a lot of emails from recruitment agencies, having previously registered my details with them. On occasion, I've asked one particular agency to remove my contact details, but they persist in sending spam to my email address.

Does anyone know who I can address a complaint to?

(Apologies mods, if this is in the wrong forum, please move if necessary...)

K.

What do you mean spam? One recruitment agency that I registered with (who apparently had loads of jobs but then never heard from again) regularly send me job specs for jobs that I have absolutely no qualification for, is that what you mean by spam?

I get them from time to time, I assume from places I applied to 10yrs ago. They ever reply to any queries. So I can't see the point of the email tbh.

What do you mean spam? One recruitment agency that I registered with (who apparently had loads of jobs but then never heard from again) regularly send me job specs for jobs that I have absolutely no qualification for, is that what you mean by spam?

By spam I mean unsolicited emails. I've asked one particular agency to stop emailing me but they persist in doing so.

I also get emails for jobs completely unsuited to my skillset, but (even more annoying) I also get emails from agencies that I have not had any prior dealings with, and I don't know where they got my email address. If I had 1 cent for every agency email I've consigned to the trash can...

A plea to recruitment agents: don't call us, we'll call you......................

Data protection agency?

Do they have anything in their mails offering to remove your name from their distribution list?

Data protection agency?

I found this link, if anyone else is interested:

[broken link removed]

Do they have anything in their mails offering to remove your name from their distribution list?

If only... That's not the way Irish recruitment agents work...

Rather than matching candidates to positions they just blanket email their entire database. Lazy and unprofessional.

Its entirely pointless if they don't reply to emails.

Of course you can reply your interested, then when they reply, get the persons details, and tell them to take you off the Database or you'll report them.

Back