Sourcing suppliers

GregnGra

Hi, at the moment I'm looking at setting up a business (mainly retail) and was wondering if anyone had an opinion on how to go about setting up a relationship with prospective suppliers. The vast majority, if not all of the goods I intend to sell would be sourced from outside the country. Also if another company is currently marked as an agent in this country for particular brands, what affect would this have on my intentions.

If the suppliers are non-IRL based then it is likely, initially anyways that you would have to pay either COD or before delivery until you establish a credit rating with the supplier.

If another company is sole agent then the obvious impact would be that you may not be able to source the goods. If the agency is not sole/exclusive then presumably you will be able to purchase the goods and sell them here.

Thanks Graham. I thought that would be the case alright. However what I was trying to get at was how should I contact the suppliers and in what manner. Also how soon before I intend to start trading should I do this? Thanks

Back