Soundstore 2yr Fridge Freezer Guarantee

pudds

Just bought a Lec fridge freezer from Soundstore. The soundstore tag stuck on the unit read, 2yrs parts and labour guarantee.

Enquired that if I needed serivce after the first year do I have to contact the manufacturers (Lec/GlenDimplex) was told contact us/soundstore and we have all your details on file, and will arrange service, and I said but I have nothing to say I have a 2yrs guarantee.

Got the usual blah and told to contact them if servce required. I asked her to write on the receipt the 2yrs guarantee which she did but on the back of the receipt and didn't sign it.

I'm not happy with this at all, unpacked fridge today and it clearly says 1yr guarantee. Am going back to see if tag is still on display model in shop and going to take a photo of that.

Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Why did you buy it if you weren't happy with the terms on offer?

Cause I liked it and needed one in a hurry and it had a two yr parts n labour guarantee, but unfortunately I have no way of proving this.

Check out the consumerconnect.ie site. You will find details on warranty periods for items such as these should not be limited to 1 year.
Leo

PHP:
You will find details on warranty periods for items such as these should not be limited to 1 year

this is not correct, the warranty offered by the seller is seperate and in addition to your ordinary rights. The warranty has a specific time frame (1yr or 2yr in this case) but your statutory rights have to be enforced by you via a civil case and the judge will make the decision.
Ireland has not enacted EU directives requiring sellers/manufacturers to offer minimum 3 year warranties, as is the case in many parts of europe and the minimum warranty period in Ireland is 1 year. (This is not to be confused with your statutory rights)

Sorry, I wasn't clear that it was your statutory rights that can not be limited to the stated warranty period, rather it is down to an interpretation of the reasonable lifetime of a product.

Contact Lec/Glen Dimplex and they will clarify what guarantee they give on their products. If they say 2 years thats fine .If they say 1 year go back to Soundstore and clarify the situation regarding who is giving the extra year

Back