Sony Xperia S or iPhone

CMK

I have finally decided to go for a smartphone but cannot decide between Sony Xperia S or iPhone. Am with O2 and the deal for both phones is good, very little differece in price.

Has anyone experience of the Sony Xperia ? What are the advatages/disadvantages of both.

Style wouldnt be important to me - want something relatively easy to use, as I am totally new to this!! I probabaly would use apps.
I guess mainly I want to be sure I am making the right decision. I am sterring towards the Sony Xperia but cannot decide as lots telling I would mad not to go with iPhone!!
Any opinions??

Thanks

I would choose the Sony Xperia S over the IPhone 4S any day. In my opinion, Android is a better user experience than iOS.

Have you shopped around with the different operators? The O2 packages have low data allowances and either phone will utilise a lot of data.

thanks for your reply - yes i have shopped around but unfortunately O2 is the only network suitable to the area I work in, Vodafone doesnt work at all and Meteor is not good. My brother hasnt had a good experience with 3 network and it has put me off so am sticking with O2!! I appreciate your advices.

My brother opted for the Sony Xperia and he is very happy with it so far. He was all for getting the iphone initially. He is with Meteor and it was €299 on the contract he was on. Just before his contract was due for an upgrade people started to tell him that he should get the Samsung Galaxy instead as it was as good if not better than the iphone and half the price.

Like you he didn't know what to go for. I saw a demo of the Sony in work and was impressed by the quality of the screen (I know that sounds lame but I'm not much of a techie!!) so I told him to ask about it in the store and see how it stacks up against the others. It has a higher spec than the others in most area's and the sweetener for him was that it was only €49 on his plan. That swung it for him in the end and as I said he is delighted with it so far.

It's a huge price difference which is why I was surprised you said there wasn't much in it price wise. You should make sure you are comparing the price/length of contract correctly as it might help make up your mind if you did make a mistake.

thanks for your advices - I am almost certain am going with Sony Xperia. The difference in prices between two phones was €90 - I dont really have much choice with service provider which restricts me in ways but I am happy that I am getting a good deal.

Yes, you will have a much better experience with the Android™ powered devices as opposed to the iPhones..

Generally, people who choose iPhones get them because they're 'the hype' and for the fact that you look good with them but in terms of the specs, the Xperia S will be a lot better.

You made a good decision.

thanks for your reply - yes i have shopped around but unfortunately O2 is the only network suitable to the area I work in, Vodafone doesnt work at all and Meteor is not good. .

If the O2 coverage is good then you can also go with Tesco Mobile who use the O2 network. Tesco Mobile have some good value bill pay packages.

Just for anyone interested I got the Sony Xperia S yesterday lunchtime! I have never used a smartphone before and I guess I was a bit nervous it would take me forever to get used of it. Made a really good decision - love it and very easy to use. Would definitely recommend to anyone trying to make a decision. Thanks for advices.

Back