Someone needed to deal with payroll?

mickk

Anyone know someone who could do payroll for me? I have just taken on my second employee so its not a big operation and I think accountant firm would not be affordable.

Ask your accountant to give you a quote for them to do it. They may not charge as much as you might think, as it will be easier for them to reconcile the payroll with the accounts at the end of your year.

Just buy a computerised payroll package; They are childsplay - 10 minutes a week at most. I use and recommend collsoft. No doubt there are other euqlly good packages.

I know of one accountancy firm (I can't name due to confidentiality) will do the payroll processing for 8 euro per payslip. This rate applies to a company with approx 30 employees, half of whom get paid weekly.

I have no idea what the rate would be for 2-4 people, but it might be worth getting some quotes from accountancy or payroll/HR firms. There are lots of these firms.

Also, try and think beyond the mere transaction. There can be lots of queries that can be a distraction, such as: pensions, tax, allowances, HR advice, etc.

I know of one accountancy firm (I can't name due to confidentiality) will do the payroll processing for 8 euro per payslip. This rate applies to a company with approx 30 employees, half of whom get paid weekly.

€8 per payslip, 15 employees paid weekly and presumably 15 paid monthly seems very steep. €7,680 per year is a nice little learner for the accountancy firm, considering that they would probably have one of their most junior staff doing this job.

Do you have an accountant doing your accounts and vat already?

Back