Some Basic Questions RE: Downloading Music Onto Ipod

astras

Im a complete disaster putting music onto my ipod.

I have music stored on i-tunes. when i plug my ipod into the laptop it starts synchronising.

Does this mean that music is supposed to transfer onto the ipod because most of it does not seem to be?

Also, does anyone know how to convert songs off you tube into mp3 format?

Im a complete disaster putting music onto my ipod.

I have music stored on i-tunes. when i plug my ipod into the laptop it starts synchronising.

Does this mean that music is supposed to transfer onto the ipod because most of it does not seem to be?

Also, does anyone know how to convert songs off you tube into mp3 format?

In theory automatic sync should mean your iTunes Library transfers to the iPod. However a couple of things might stand in the way of that.

First is iPods only accept certain formats for music. In iTunes go through your preferences panel and the view options tab. In there check the box for "kind". This will then display the file type on the iTunes library. You can also then click the "kind" column in iTunes to sort the songs by file type. That just makes it easier to go through them to see what the formats are. It'll be easier if you only use an iPod to just select the ones not in an iPod format and convert them to either Mp3 or AAC depending on preference.

Another simpler explanation may be the size of your iTune library is bigger than the iPod can hold. Check what iPod it is and the Gb size. Then compare that to the total file size displayed right at the bottom panel of your iTunes library. If it's more than your iPod can hold; that's your problem.

One last possibility is that the automatic sync is set up to just select from certain playlists, artists or albums. This is unlikely if you're the only user and plugged the iPod straight in from new.

Back