Solicitor Fees

Nanor

hi,

I am currently buying a house for 300K.

My solicitor is charging 1,500 for his professional fees.

The does not include the extras, like land registry searches, postage fees, etc. which is also totalling 1,500.

So total cost is 3K. This seems quite expensive. What have other people paid?

I'm paying €1975 including all the extra's and for two Wills. The value of the house we our buying is 335k. They were very slow at the start to get the ball rolling but once I annoyed him enough I can't complain since.

sounds very expensive. I think I paid about 800 2 years ago, plus extras. I cant remember what the extras came to, but it was nowhere near 1500

I paid around €1500 incl searches for a house of 310K. Got excellent service too

it seems to be the very high end in terms of prices. And there is only one house involved. I'm not selling and the sellers are not buying.

€1000+23% vat for fees and the total came to €3,400. But that included all the other fees and costs

I made some enquiries recently and got a couple of quotes along the lines of the following:

Fee: €1000+23% VAT = €1230
Land registry Fees €625 (depends on the value of the mortgage)
Searches €100 approx

Total around the €2k mark.

Well i heard they are all touting for business these days, days of silly money are gone! So maybe shop around and then make an offer...... reach a deal with them.
I heard recently all inclusive €1,500 seems to be in order. Then someone said he got all inclusive around a €1000 mark. Search & negotiate!

i paid 850 + vat + outlay last year and i even got refund cheque in post for overpayment ofregistry fee

Back