Solicitor Fees- New houses

sssasi

Dear Friends,

Can you please let me know typical solicitor fees, one of solicitors quoted me the following

professional fees- 1250
Petty&Post Stamp 100
21% VAT 283.5
Sub total 1633.5

In addition to the above, following was charged
Folio and file plan 40
Search feess 288
Stamp duty 685
CPT 25
Sub total 1035.00

Misc. 354.00

Total : 3023.00

Can you please advice, whether this is good price.

Have you shopped around with more than one solicitor?

Note that many of these figures will only be estimates and whatever some actually come out at will be non negotiable (e.g. most bar the professional fee).

A professional fee of €1250 seems, on the face of it, to be higher than might be available elsewhere. However this must be balanced against the quality of the service.

What does the "misc" item cover?

I don't see any Land Registry/Registry of Deeds fees itemised above unless that's the "folio and file plan" item which seems a bit low to cover all LR/RoD fees.

Have you read this thread:

Useful background information on the legal work involved in conveyancing

I was quoted €1,900 all in (inc. VAT) from my socilitor in Dublin West for Purchase only of a new property. I thought it was reasonable enough. I could have shopped around & saved something but myself & my family have always dealt with him so i will expect flexibility when i get the bill, i.e. 30 days credit.

our quote was for 1200 including VAT but the 'outlays' of land registry (500), law searches, commisioners, postaqe etc. came to €1100. Whilst the initial fee was cheap it all begins to creep up!

Newbie! said:
our quote was for 1200 including VAT but the 'outlays' of land registry (500), law searches, commisioners, postaqe etc. came to €1100. Whilst the initial fee was cheap it all begins to creep up!
So presumably the €1,200 was the solicitor's professional conveyancing fee plus any other charges under their control only?

I don't have all the details with me now but my fees are €2,100 all inclusive.

Are or were? Few solicitors will give an all in price that also includes outlays (e.g. stamp duty, Land Registry/Registry of Deeds fees etc.) since the latter cannot always be estimated accurately in advance.

My solicitor sent me a letter with all of these listed, totalling €2,100. My house is almost completed, so I assume nothing will change .

Sorry, don't have the letter with me to list them out, but am certain everything mentioned is on it.

ClubMan said:
So presumably the €1,200 was the solicitor's professional conveyancing fee plus any other charges under their control only?

Yes the solicitor had a flatrate of €999 and then VAT. The other €1100 did include postage and expenses and law searches etc - should that be included in the conveyancing? First time dealing with a solicitor so not sure whats normal and expected.

sssasi said:
Dear Friends,

Can you please let me know typical solicitor fees, one of solicitors quoted me the following

professional fees- 1250
Petty&Post Stamp 100
21% VAT 283.5
Sub total 1633.5

In addition to the above, following was charged
Folio and file plan 40
Search feess 288
Stamp duty 685
CPT 25
Sub total 1035.00

Misc. 354.00

Total : 3023.00

Can you please advice, whether this is good price.

mine was 2,624 and 95 cents to be exact tax included... nothing I can do but to pay..... :-<

My fees for a new apartment were 1800 all in. very reasonable i thought, shopped around a lot and found that anyone offering eg 999+vat+outlays ended up charging in or around 3000.

I used homebuyhomesell as recommended by other users on this site. Picked a solicitor close to me for convenience and with an estimate at €2400 all in, I thought it was alright? So far, they have been highly efficient and pleasant as well.

Back