Solar shed lights - any experience/recommendations?

ClubMan

I was looking at some similar to [broken link removed] on eBay (also [broken link removed]) but the power output looks pretty low (c. 4-8W) compared to [broken link removed] (claims 30W output). Just wondering if anybody has an experience and recommendations including of suppliers in Dublin if better value than the indicative prices (including P&P) on eBay. Thanks.

Hi have the one that you posed from ebay/maplin in my 8x8 shed. It really is barely usable. It is very dim, basically seems more like 1W to me. Ok maybe it is not that bad, but I expected more I guess. It casts just enough light so that you can see something if you know where it is, but not enough to illuminate for doing any work etc. Id go for option 2 the LED if I were you.

Thanks JD. Judging by our nipper's bedroom nightlight even c. 7W wouldn't be great. The 5 x LED one that I mentioned above claims c. 30W while the seller of [broken link removed] which looks similar claims 40W. I wonder if these claims are accurate...

I'd be surprised to see 5 LEDs giving off anything like the equivalent of 30W. Amazon sell the same items, but make no claims as to output.

Having said that, [broken link removed] sell this too for about the same price, and claim even higher light output. I'd trust Maplin a lot more, and postage certainly wouldn't be as extortionate as that EBay seller!
Leo

Thanks Leo. I was in Maplin, Jervis Street yesterday and couldn't see any such items on display and it was too busy to hang around to ask a sales assistant. Might drop in later as I need to pick up a few other bits and pieces anyway.

Back