Software for House Plans - Preferably Free

johnflan

Currently desiging a new house and wondering does anyone know where I could download some FREE software to help me with designing the house plans.
Alternatively software thats gives a 30 day free trial might be of use but money is tight so trying to keep spending under control.

Haven't used it myself so I cant comment but this site might be a start

There are also additional references to s/w here

Last edited:
I know it's not really what you are looking for but Cork Co Co published a guide to good house design ... I think you can get in in Easons or probably the library ... might be worth a look. I don't envy you designing your own home ... the stress!

Hey hey hey...here is that Cork County Council one....on their website, but locked to stop you printing it!
[broken link removed]

P.S. Shhh....but if you really want to, you can print it, but you will need to download a PDF reader other than acrobat that does not support locked documents. As PDF is an open format this is not actually a wrogn thing to do, but you are disobeying the spirit of the publication obviously. Be aware that some of the PDF readers that allow printing of locked docs. might have trojans in them...

Back