Sofa-bed. Anybody purchase one recently?

biggerry

Just wondering if anybody has purchased a sofa-bed recently? If so, where did you buy and what do you think of it?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Dobber. I visited Argos yesterday and saw those in the brochure. The only issue I have with Argos is that you can't see what you're buying, so I'm a little worried about quality.

biggerry said:
Thanks Dobber. I visited Argos yesterday and saw those in the brochure. The only issue I have with Argos is that you can't see what you're buying, so I'm a little worried about quality.

They have a 16 day money back policy if you are not happy with the product you can return it

Good Luck ;)

You can get them custom made at The Sofa Factory in Thomas St. and these are excellent quality but you'll pay for it! Arnotts have some great ones at around the 950€ - 1100€ mark and are also very good quality (spent Sunday looking at these myself!)

Hey

I bought a lovely brown courdroy sofa bed from Argos. I am very happy with it. I was a bit dubious about getting in but you can go into the shop and look at the fabric before you order, just to get a feel for it.

Everyone who has sleep in our sofa bed asks where we got it and says its really comfy,

Cheers

we also got one in argos,

Its much cheaper, its very comfy to sleep on, have fallen asleep on it myself, both as sofa and bed, but wouldnt want to be on using it long term. ps not easiest to put together though

DOBBER22 said:
They have a 16 day money back policy if you are not happy with the product you can return it

Good Luck ;)

It took me nearly that long to put it together;)

got one in argos before x-mas, very happy with it. Straight-forward to put together. Haven't slept on it myself but my sister-in-law who has a past of back trouble following a car accident did and said it was very comfortable. They charge EUR 31 extra for deliveries outside Dublin but are pretty good in arranging a delvery time

Bought one in Living in George's street 3 years ago for 300 euros's.
Ended up dumping it as it was so uncomfortable & not the nicest to look at it. Replaced it with a bed. I have a few friends who have done the same thing, ditch sofa beds after a couple of years. Unless, space is extremely tight buy a bed or a sofa would be my advice.

You may find something useful

The Sofa Company in 57, Capel St. 01-8720109 also do them. Can't comment on their service but I'm not sure if I read somewhere that they are quite expensive also.

That's the same one I got. It is a very comfortable bed but as a sofa it isn't THAT comfy. It looks grand though and defo worth the money. The same one is in NEXT for 5 or 6 hundred.

A.Partridge said:
I think sofa beds are great particularly if you don't want relations hanging around for too long - they will soon get fed up.

You see...relatives are a bit like fish...after about 3 days they really begin to stink.

:D

There is a new company called Cost Sofas or something like that opening on the Long Mile Road this weekend with many special offers..Arnotts also have a bargain shop that opened in the GPO arcade last week for 1 month only where stock is going rather cheaply apparently!

Got one in Argos myself about a year ago, to me it looks good, is very comfortable as a sofa and a bed....looked at a few other sofa-beds but they didn't feel very comfortable as sofas to sit on if you know what I mean....

I got one last year in Jaybee sofa works in Glasnevin, you can get them custom made their to suit you too - we paid €700 for one but found out off the delivery guy when he brought it we should have been charged €1000.

As a guide Sofabeds, tend not to be used very often, Also check the amount of foam that comes with the mattress. 50mm is very little and you can feel the springs, not very comfortable. prices range from approx 500 to 600 for budget models, but other models are approx 1000 euro. Another option is to go for a Guest Bed or visitor bed as they are called.

The prices on our site are only a guide and there are a lot of suppliers that can get these for you.

Link

Thanks,
Richard

It really depends on how often it will be used with either function. The majority of them really don't last or do long lasting and constant use as both very well. If space is the issue try. www.wallbeds.ie Expensive enough but better than many beds and I just like cool design features

Most sofa beds are only for occassional use. If, like me, you would e using it on a regular basis, ie. a fortnight here and there throughout the year, then go for an expensive one. I shopped around for ages last year and finally bought the most expensive one I could find in Arnottts. Its a full 4' 6" bed with sprung mattress - no foam. (Most sofa beds are only 4'). I have had no regrets. My elderly parents love to use it regularly and they are a fussy pair when it comes to comfort!! The Sofa Factory had a similar one but they were dearer. I think mine cost about E1500 but worth every penny.

Back