So-offer Accepted?

nuttybud

Hi

Ive been approved for SO and I put an offer on a hse which has been accepted - Whats happens now?
I havent told the EA that I was buying through SO - do I have to? Im afraid he'll wont accept it or something.
Also EA is looking for a deposit but I was told not to give deposit but to ring CC when Ive selected a hse and give the deposit to them.

Do I just tell the EA that Im doing SO and to deal with the council?

How long does the council take to sort this out? Does it drag on for months?

I believe they send an engineer, its an old house that needs modernising -windows, kitchen, bathroom, would there be a problem passing it?

Can somebody who's done this please fill me in on what happens next!

Is this with DCC? You would have gotten a form that you fill in with the relevant details. The council will take over from there. I would suggest ringing the council to be sure. Also ring the EA as some won't deal with SO.

Hi Nuttybud,

Tell the Estate Agent now that the house is being financed by the SO scheme and that the Council will be provided by the details by you on the property. You won't be paying a deposit to the EA. The process can take about 3 months if there are no problems, if there are any structural problems with the house or it doesn't meet code it will not be passed or will not be passed until the Vendors fix them.

Best of luck

thanks everybody for your replies.

I got SO with DCC. It took about 3wks to get ackkowledgement letter after inital appliaction with all the doc's submitted (took longer to get eveything together!). Then its taken about 5wks to get approved and for them to tell me exact amt.
Anyway the EA had no problems (phew coz I was worried), they knew exactly what was needed from them and seemed used to dealing with SO.

I had to pay the 3k y'day though (Receipt to be sent to EA). Oh and we've to forward this months payslips to prove we are still earning what we said. So you need about €5k before you go to them.

Hopefully ill be in by early summer:D

Hi,

I am in the exact same position as you and I am a bit worried. The estate agent rang me this morning to accept my offer and started asking about a deposit for the seller. I explained it was going through the council and I would be giving my deposit to the council. I rang the council then and they told me that they would not be paying any deposit to the seller even though I am giving them a deposit of 3,000eur. That deposit is theirs. I'm a bit worried now in case the seller insists on a deposit. What do I do?

Thanks a mill

Hi Elliecon

Sorry I dont know if Id be much help. I told my EA i was going with SO and they didnt have a problem with it. I just had to get the receipt of the 3k from the council (the hse address is on the recepit) and send a copy to the EA?

I believe the deposit is just to make sure that your definetly interested so if you've nominated that hse to the council it should be the same thing?

hi nuttybud,

may i ask what docs you had to get together for your application.
and do you get your half of the mortgage from dcc?

Hi Annemarief8

It was just the ususal doc's
P60
Bank statements
Payslips
Copy of passport etc

I got the application from their website but if you ring them they would send it out to you

good luck:)

cool thanks for that :)

do you have to be in a position to have 10% deposit of your half?? do they provide the mortgage?

Back