Smart were pushed out of market by eircom

I wasn't refering to the ins and outs of the way in which that whole debacle played out. I am more than familiar with it as I was a Smart customer then and still am now I was just questioning why this thread seemed to be talking about them like they had gone bust which isn't the case.

For the record I stuck with them through 3 weeks or so of 'no service' back in October '06 and since then everything has been fine and I am glad now that I didn't jump ship to another provider as the service has been perfect since then. That said, who knows what the future holds for them.

For the record I stuck with them through 3 weeks or so of 'no service' back in October '06 and since then everything has been fine and I am glad now that I didn't jump ship to another provider as the service has been perfect since then.
Residential voice only customers whose exchanges were not Smart broadband enabled had no choice but to "jump ship" once Smart reneged on their contractual obligation to provide a service. My mother was one of those in this position. From what we can gather Smart did their best to stymie this ship jumping by unnecessarily putting a temporary out of service block on her line for some unknown reason resulting in the whole debacle that I documented elsewhere and which tool until late December to resolve.

I sympathise with you/her on this matter but I wasn't refering in any way to her case or the problems other voice only customers had, that should have been clear from my post above but maybe I should have specifically stated it.

Anyway my original question has been answered so I'll be leaving it there. Thanks

Back