Small Saorview box or adaptor

Woodie

Is there anyone who knows of small box or adaptor that is "approved" for Saorview? I don't necessarily want to record to HD or hand a USB device from it. I just need a small approved device.

What I am thinking is, I have a Freeview enabled TV (before anyone says anything I brought it with me from the UK) which is on the wall. I need a small enough box or adaptor that can sit or plug discretely on the TV as I don't particularly want to drill in an unsightly shelf just for a box for RTE etc.

I've seen such adaptors and understand that they are not MPEG4 and MHEG5 compliant. Seems like there should be a market for this but I have yet to find one.

something like this is what you need

Aldi/Lidl woodies etc also do approved saorview boxes now, sometimes as low as €50

I don't think there are any smaller approved ones.
I have a similar wall mounted TV and I bought a cheap box on Ebay which fits behind the TV although its a bit of a squeeze.
It works fine but the channel numbers are up in the 800's and the EPG is only now and next.

something like this is what you need

Aldi/Lidl woodies etc also do approved saorview boxes now, sometimes as low as €50
Will that fit into my proposed setup i.e. with wall mounted TV? I can see no dimensions for any box ....maybe I'm blind?

I don't think there are any smaller approved ones.
I have a similar wall mounted TV and I bought a cheap box on Ebay which fits behind the TV although its a bit of a squeeze.
It works fine but the channel numbers are up in the 800's and the EPG is only now and next.

That seems more like it; I guess they are not Saorview approved though as I see nothing of MHEG 5 in the stats. Thanks for the tip, maybe a stopgap.

Back