Small Income Relief

R

ruby79

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is such a thing as small income relief for a self emplayed person (taxi driver ) and if there is what is the max amount?
I have searched the revenue website but can't find anything.

Thanks.

what do you mean by small income relief? An individual does not pay tax on income under their personal tax credits. A single self-employed persons tax credit is currently €1,760 which basically means the first €8,800 of income ( at 20% ) is tax free. These amounts are doubled for married persons and there are additional credits if there are dependent children and the spouse has no or limited income. PRSI may be payable even if exempt from tax. For a self-employed person income is the income after allowable business expenses.

hi ruby the social might help in the way of family income supplement which i think they means test. worth a try.depending on your circumstances,ie married,single ,kids,mortgage rent,etc......good luck.

Hi,

Does anybody know if there is such a thing as small income relief for a self emplayed person (taxi driver ) and if there is what is the max amount?
I have searched the revenue website but can't find anything.

Thanks.

Go back to the Revenue website and search for marginal relief. That's what you're looking for.

Back