Small Benefit Exemption not Taxable

dodo

The revenue's small Benefit Exemption of E500 that is not taxable.Provided it meets Revenues critia , Can revenue state one company's employyee's can't avail of the full benefit of paying no tax, but must put it through payrole as BIK?
Reason given is that revenue would find it differcult to track incase they had other benefits through the year,
Which sounds odd to me as the company is a multinational medical company that of course do everything by the book.Is there a case here as this benefit is yearly.

Does Part 05-01-01e here help at all?

Tks Clubman, i will be giving this section to the HR team. I know they are aware of this and said it, but then added the above statement about keeping track of other vouchers etc. Employees do get bonus's, stock rewards that go through the normal tax process. So not sure why revenue said this. Cheers
I was trying to find the list of things that are allowed to purchase via the Small Benefit Exception on revenue but could not see list, would you know the full allowable list of items that can be purchased? tks

Last edited:
Back