Slow Process.is This Normal.

SISSOKO

Hi All.

Went sale agreed on our house 6 weeks ago but nothing
has happened since.Spoke to my solicitor a couple of
times and he says its on his to do list.
Am i being unreasonable to think that the process should
be further down the line than this?

Supposed to be a 6 to 8 week transaction !!!!!!

Selling and buying a new build,no pressure from our buyer yet to complete and
no pressure to sign for our new house.
Just thought after six weeks we would be deciding on
completion dates at least but nothing done.frustrated.

Im in a similar position myself but even though you are under no pressure I would put pressure on your buyer to sign contracts ASAP. Once contracts are signed you could agree on a closing date which would suit both you and the buyer. Until contracts are signed your buyer could easily walk away and you would be back to square one. Out of curiosity has your buyer done a survey on your place?

meant to say that the average time for getting contracts signed is 4 - 6 weeks.

I'm currently involved in a house purchase that has been going on for over 9 weeks. I have been currently been waiting 2 weeks for an answer from the bank on a legal issue. In my case it seems to be the bank issuing my mortgage (Ulster Bank) slowing things down at every turn.

Hi all,
Its not even a case where my buyer hasnt signed yet,
my solicitor hasnt issued the contracts in the first place.
Sale agreed 6 weeks since monday !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think that's good enough. If you are only on his 'to do' list and he's too busy to produce contracts then you might be better taking your business elsewhere. When I was selling, the buyer started shouting after 6 weeks because the contracts hadn't been sent over. A few calls to my solicitor and it got done. You might remind him that your buyer could pull out at any time if he continutes to delay. I understand your frustration!

Back