Slate Prices

Tulach

Can anyone who has bought slates in the past few months please post what they paid for them e.g. Tegral Thrutone, Capco etc

Bought from Lagan @ €1.37+VAT for Natural Spanish. Laid now & extremely happy with them. Visitors to house very complimentary re. same.

bought from ISDL Baldonnell €1.33 + VAT for 50X25 spanish slate. Very good quality and all slates the same thickness

Bought from Lagan @ €1.37+VAT for Natural Spanish. Laid now & extremely happy with them. Visitors to house very complimentary re. same.

Apple1

Can you tell me what the name of the slate was , Vigo, La Barosa, Leon?

Thanks

Buzz

Hi Tyrekicker, welcome to AAM. In accordance with the posting guidelines, could you confirm whether you have any association with the above company other than being a satisfied customer?
Leo

€1.40 / natural blue black slate - vat included, roofer sourced them. Am in Cork area if you want his number he was v. good.

Apple1

I got quoted €2.25 + Vat for 7mm Vigo for 4800 slates. What part of the country are you in

Looks like I am being rightly shafted

Buzz

i got a quote from capco today for 3055 berona fibre cement @ 1.10 plus vat and Ardonit slates @ 1.30 plus vat

Tegral thurtone slates were around 1.40 i think will check this tonight from my quote

Hi Buzz, based in North East. Admittedly was buying 9000 of them so I'd a bit of leverage, but surprised at the difference nonetheless. Also struck the price about 3 months ago, but again, I'd be surprised at that rate of price inflation. Previous comment holds though...they are a very nice slate when on. Roofer also was complimentary about their quality.

meant to add also....went to view the Leon on a roof also. Nice colour, but texture & lay not as attractive as the vigo. Leon are a much finer (thinner) slate I think & consequently not as natural or rustic looking.

Hi Buzz, based in North East. Admittedly was buying 9000 of them so I'd a bit of leverage, but surprised at the difference nonetheless. Also struck the price about 3 months ago, but again, I'd be surprised at that rate of price inflation. Previous comment holds though...they are a very nice slate when on. Roofer also was complimentary about their quality.

Apple1

is the price you got in STG or Euro?

Buzz

Its Euro buzz. Know a friend who was quoted by them recently also & the price was much higher that I paid. Cannot remember exactly but it was upwards of €1.55 or so

Back