Sky Multi-room - Landline Query

We have sky multi room and have both boxes connected to our landline as per terms and conditions. However, we got the nasty letters about the boxes not being connected to the landline even though they were. It turns out that if your phone number is ex-directory then they cannot tell if your box is replying to a callback as the number does not show up. It took a few irrate phonecalls from yours truly to put a stop to the letters. That was about 2 years ago and i've heard no more about it.

Hope that's useful to someone.

Had sky multiroom fitted aswell in my house! no phone lines for either. being going for over a year now! no letters...the box also spent some time over in jersey aswell at my sisters house! no problem with it as long as you dont remove the card. also for the sky plus box offer that is currently going around, my parents had sky for a few years and wanted sky+. sky wanted x amount(a while back now) i said listen, i have been a sky customer for some time and i am not gonna pay that, well mr x, that is the going rate! ok then, please remove your dish from my wall i dont want sky anymore, hold on a second mr x, we dont want that, how about we give you a sky+ box and just pay for installation? nah remove it please...ok how about a free box and free installation? hhmmmm? ok tyvm!!

i recently moved house also, myself having the normal box for a while. i pulled the same line and they obliged!

the moral of the story.....sky make enough from their subscriptions...make them work for your money!!

This is a slightly different, but connected, question and I'd appreciate any experience.

Would my Sky card work in another Sky box (bought from ebay, for example) if the new Sky box was also connected to the dish?

Basically I already have multi-room and pay two full subscriptions of €30 each as I don't have the second box connected to the phone-line (wired broadband/hatred of wires all around my floors). I don't want to pay for a third subscription that will be used about once a month.

So if I took my Sky card out of one box and put it into the exact same model box that I'd bought, connected to the dish, would it work and give me all the channels or would I just get BBC etc like Freeview and not the Irish ones?

Or are cards programmed to only work in the box it's registered to?

I'd love to know if anyone has tried this before I buy a box. I've already tried digisenders and they're hopeless.

Thanks.

Every time you move the card you have to get sky to pair the box and the card. IMO not worth the hassle.

Magic eye only sends the remote control signal. For transmission of TV signal you need a Digisender.

Back