Sky HD in apartment - second feed query

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiallP

Hi all,

I'm living in an apartment and have had Sky+ HD installed. The apartment block has a communal dish and each of the bedrooms in the apartment, together with the living room, has a wall jack/connection marked "satellite".

The Sky installer came and ran a simple line from the satellite wall jack/connection in the living room to the back of the Sky+ box. Everythig was working fine until I realised that I couldn't record while watching other channels.

I rang Sky and they informed that in order to record I needed a second line to be run into the back of the Sky+ box and that this was something I needed to take up with the apartment management company. Needless to say I was only told this after I had started paying for the full service, but that is a different matter!

Anyway, I'm just wondering if it might be possible to run a line from one of the satellite wall jack/connections in the bedrooms to the back of the Sky+ box to get the second feed that I need for recording etc. This would avoid the hassle of getting involved with the management company /Sky etc.

If anybody could let me know if this is possible, or if you need further information to answer this query, I would be very grateful to hear from you.

Cheers

You will get a much better response if you post your question in the right forum. Accordingly I am closing this post but do feel free to repost once you have read the guidelines. They are designed to help you get the best answer to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back