Ski gear - website recommendations anybody?

ATgirl

Hi,
Anybody have any websites where you can buy ski gear from? Going skiing for New Year, have a jacket already, but need the rest - pants, gloves, etc.
I've searched the forum but couldn't find any websites listed for buying the clothes.

Thanks

Go to the patagonia store in Dublin.
It's an outlet store and the prices and equipment are second to none

http://www.blue-tomato.at/WelcomeAction.bto
I've bought 2 boards from these guys and they are 30-40% cheaper than the great outdoors. Based in Austria - takes about 5-6 days delivery. Very helpful English guy you can speak to on the phone. I know 4 friends and family who have used this site and without fail, they have been exceptional. If you excede 300e delivery is free so get your friends together and buy all in one go.
Also, TK maxx always get loads of ski gear nov/dec and they're normally dirt cheap if you can handle having to search through stuff.
Lidl and Aldi always get ski gear in at the same sort of time. I bought pants there for 30e last year and they're fine for "normal" weather however, i'm going to Canada in feb for 3 weeks and they wont be good enough for the extreme cold over there. It'll be back to my old pants for that I think. I also bought goggles in Aldi last year as i sat on my old ones (don't ask). They were 15e so i bought two just to see what they were like. They were actually better than the one i broke which were over 100e at the time. Don't forget, you WILL lose/break googles, gloves etc so don't go over the top money wise. Spend money on a good jacket and pants. You probably won't lose your pants :eek:

Got lots of things very cheap in a shop at "Kildare Village" the shopping centre last year!

tk maxx would be my choice they get some great suits in at very good prices

Yeah, 80's style suits are out, I'd like to look the part on the piste, even if my skiing skills are not up to much :)
Thanks for all the replies, bobk, where is that patagonia store in Dublin, I'm in Waterford but heading up to Dublin on Saturday. Will check out Kildare Village too, not sure about TKMaxx - my 'shop-rage' tends to come out whenever I venture in....

Why not rent the gear out from a great outdoor shop, I know you can rent them in Cork

when i say suits I mean trousers and jacket sorry - so to rephrase tk maxx get really good ski salopettes and ski jackets!! :) lots of columbia brand too. Also arnotts sale has some brill bargains. They work out so cheap in the sales I'd suggest its better to buy it

yeah i'll be buying, I think this is going to become a yearly trip so having the stuff would be better.
thanks everyone

Dunnes Stores actually had some reasonable stuff last year. M&S is good for thermal t-shirts & leggings (Dunnes do them too). Make sure you get the proper thermal stuff as cotton doesn't work, you just sweat, the cotton gets wet and then you get cold!

There's a place in Carrickmines Shopping Centre (I think it's about Junction 15 on the M50) called 53 Degrees North and they have a very good selection of stuff, both cheap and expensive.

By the way, if you know anyone going to Prague in the meantime, ask them to pick you up ski socks. We got really good ones there at great prices.

Back