Skerries

Sunshine26

Hi, looking for opinions on Skerries, know the area pretty well as currently live in the surrounding area, however don't know individual estates too well. See some houses for sale in St. Patrick's Close which seem to offer good value also the new Barnageeragh Cove estate could be an option.
If anyone has any views on these or Skerries in general I would appreciate it.

Hi

There is also a new estate being built on the Golf Links Road. Skerries is a lovely spot and I think something to bear in mind is walking distance to the town centre and the beach/harbour. Barnageeragh Cove is a good distance out and would require jumping in a car to do pretty much anything.

Some of the more settled older estates are closer to the town centre and the beach and include Churchfield, Shenick, Downside, Seacreast, Townparks, Hillside and St.Patricks Close. House prices do tend to be higher in some of these estates.

There is also usually a few houses for sale in Kelly's Bay which is a newer estate (10 yrs+ old) but it is quite large.

The prices for the new estate on the golf links road haven't been released yet as far as I know but they will be in a very good location within Skerries and with top spec so definitely worth considering.

St. Patrick's Close is literally a 2 minute walk to the train station and 5 minute walk to the town centre. It is a quiet & mature estate, built circa 1970. Traffic-wise, there are 2 distinct sides to the Close - one of which is busy with commuter traffic - the other road in the cul de sac (for obvious reasons) is much quieter. Agree with above post from positive view especially re; Barnageeragh Cove.

Hope this helps..

Back