Sinn Fein Tax Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we not being a little unfair to poor Gerry? Personally, I think it's completely reasonable that the leader of a large political party would have a hard time:
- taking €100 from €260 (water charges);
- undirstandin de diffrince between 40% and 20% (health care relief); and
- getting his head around the apparent technical distinction between 59% and 7% (marginal rate of tax for high earners).

Gerry, is an honourable man and a safe pair of hands. It's those other parties I'd be worried about - as Pierce so ably put it - youse are cookin de Bouks so youse are....

Maybe Gerry could hire the guy to answer questions who used to do voice overs for him during the troubles.

As I've said before, if the Shinners need a few bob they could always see if there's any money left in Jean McConville's handbag. That's if they remember where they left it.

I wonder if Sinn Fein have any of the £26m Northern Bank money left or have the party spent it all on election posters, fulltime politicians and paying Gerry Adams mortgage on his holiday home?

I wonder if Sinn Fein have any of the £26m Northern Bank money left or have the party spent it all on election posters, fulltime politicians and paying Gerry Adams mortgage on his holiday home?

I always thought that was the pension fund for the "ex" IRA members and one of the reasons the PSNI never seemed to go close to arresting anyone

Heard this morning that the guy who tackled Máire Leithreas on SF tax policy on Grafton Street has found himself on the receiving end of harassment from the keyboard warriors. Quel surprise.

Heard this morning that the guy who tackled Máire Leithreas on SF tax policy on Grafton Street has found himself on the receiving end of harassment from the keyboard warriors. Quel surprise.
He should have asked before he followed her; "An bhfuil céad agam dul go dtí an leithreas?"

Yes. Apparently you can't be a 'concerned citizen' unless you're impoverished. Bloody rich bastard.

The cheek of any citizen challenging a Sinn Fein TD! Does he not know that that is strictly forbidden in the Sinn Fein cult. Just ask the former Cork TD who was forced out.

Well, I have no doubt with his colleagues' intimate knowledge of wires, batteries and clocks, he must have a steady pair of hands anyway.

Go h-íontach, go h-íontach ar fád

The cheek of any citizen challenging a Sinn Fein TD! Does he not know that that is strictly forbidden in the Sinn Fein cult. Just ask the former Cork TD who was forced out.

It seems that the spirit of (in Long Kesh Irish) tá fhíos againn cá bhfuil tú i do chonaí.........be alive and well?!

....ie they havn,t a notion !

I'd only agree in part with that final comment.

Sure, Gerry's fallen short on the numbers, but I think he's the "peoples hero" and if he stood for election as president, would quite possibly get voted in. Taoiseach however, is a different matter and not a role I'm convinced he's suited for.

That said, people like Pearse Doherty & Peader Tobin impress and are the future of SF. In time, if they continue as they are doing and attract others with the same high level of skills to SF, will get their turn in Government I'd wager. Maybe a few years off yet, but in time, SF will become a widely acknowledged political party and not the representatives of the "Ra", that they current still get labeled with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back