Simple ideas for starter with Lasagne

remey

Hi,

Having people for a casual dinner tomorrow and doing lasagne. I wanted some simple ideas for a starter to go with this. Lasagne's my specialty but cooking aint!!!
I was going to do mozzarella, tomato & basil salad and something else?
Not sure about bruschetta in case some dont eat tomatoes so there's an option for them too?

Any ideas welcome.
Cheers.

Beef carpaccio, rocket and parmesan with a balsamic & olive oil dressing - easy peasy (once you get the beef - a good deli would have it), yummy and doesn't have carbs, so goes well with lasagne, which is carb-y.

Beef carpaccio followed by beef lasagne?

OP your salad sounds lovely just as it is, how about just some nice bread to go with it?

Buffalo Mozzarella, plum tomatoes, rocket, fresh basil, balsamic & olive oil on toasted bread.

I had this in cafe bar deli recently, lovely, and easy to make too.

Make up an antipasti plate of cheeses, meats, olives, etc. and people can help themselves from it?
I put together a great starter recently from a fish stall in the English Market in Cork - olives with anchovies wrapped around them, prawns, pieces of sushi...yum yum...

Yummm....getting hungry now. Yes I might do the buff mozzarella, plum tomato salad and a plate of antipasti cheese, meat etc. Nice idea. Especially if we're abnle to have the nibblies outside. All sipping on cold wines or beers (except me because I'm pregnant)

Good ideas, thanks. Keep em coming.

I never actually made them from sratch im afraid and have only had them in restraunts, but they are damn tasty, i'll have to find a recipe soon and give it a try. Im sure you could buy them pre made somewhere, altough your probably lookin to make something yourself.

Back